We are living through a moment in history we wish was done and over, but is not.
As we undertake the necessary steps of Self-isolation there is one aspect that is hard to ignore … boredom. We know that self-isolation is the correct way to deal with the issue of Covid 19, but as photographers and artists, we have that constant urge to create art. To that end, I’ve gone through some of my ideas in our blog to give you 10 suggestions for things to try. If you are looking to kill even more time, don’t read this list, just start reading every one of my Blog stories until you find something you like.
Yeah, the list seems like a better idea, huh?
Okay here we go:
1: Take some of your existing images and make mirror images. The procedure is simple. HERE
You can get some interesting results, and look for faces in the middle.
2. Ever wanted to take Infrared Portraits? Here’s a piece you might find useful. HERE
3. Want to make better Black & White images from your color IR? Give this a read thru. HERE
4. If you are a Hyper Color shooter, here’s a piece just for you on Monochrome in post-production. HERE
5. Wanna try something really strange? Check out my piece on Atypical Realisms HERE
With the right image, you can make some cool looking stuff.
6. Lots of people like the Aerochrome look. Here’s an easy way to do it. HERE
7. Struggling with the in-camera White Balance? This might help. HERE
8. Here’s another piece for you Hyper Color shooters. HERE
9. Ever tried Infrared HDR? Now could be the time. HERE
10. This piece shows you how to make a moody image that is both sharp and soft. Take a look. HERE
So hopefully you found something in here that you can use to occupy a little of your time and satisfy your creative urges.
If this didn’t work, you can always go back to Netflix.
Seriously though, please do what you can to stay safe and healthy.
We will get through this.
Just reading all those articles should occupy us for several days! Looks like you’re back in the saddle again….
Dan Wampler says
I’m doing well, thank you. I can’t wait to see what you make after reading that stuff. Tell Mike I said Hi.