I recently had the opportunity to try out the Camsafe V9 anti-theft camera sling pack made by Pacsafe. If you are not familiar with Pacsafe, they design bags to keep your gear safe, and they do it with style.
Let me put it this way, if James Bond needed a camera bag, . . . . . he’d have this.
Here’s a few things this bag has:
– The straps have stainless steel wire discreetly integrated in them to prevent someone from cutting the strap and stealing your bag.
– There is a layer of Exomesh slashguard material hidden in the “vulnerable” areas of the bag.
– Dual release buckles on straps to keep them from accidently opening.
– A built in rain cover in a hidden pocket on the bottom, tethered to the bag so it doesn’t get lost.
– Smart Zipper Security that allows each zipper to be discreetly hooked to a loop that fits in the bag.
– RFID safe Blocking pockets. And I’ll let Pacsafe explain this one:
“Most passports, credit cards and ID cards now contain a RFID micro-chip. This chip contains all your personal, sensitive information. Identity thieves are able to access this information from up to 10ft away with the help of an RFID reader. Our award-winning RFIDsafe™ blocking material prevents your data from falling into the wrong hands by blocking out virtually all transmissions between 10 MHz – 3 GHz, which covers the radio frequency used in e-passports, credit cards / smart cards, and key cards.”
– And finally, A built in Laser Death Ray ! Okay, . . . . I made that one up.
Seriously, this bag is impressive. The V9 that I tried out is perfect for a day trip where you want something easy to carry that will hold what you need, and keep your gear safe. Pacsafe does make larger size bags also.
Here’s what I put in my V9
3. DSLR with an 8-16mm wide angle lens. Lens was attached to the camera.
4. 40mm pancake lens
5. LCD viewer
6. Mini white, grey, black cards
7. Camera bag dehumidifier
10. Mini release forms
11. Bussiness Cards
13.Spare memory card
14. Memory card reader
15. Hand sanitizer
17. Allen wrench
18. Secret decoder ring (it’s invisible)
I’ve used the V9 for about a month now and it is very easy to wear, carry and use, and the design of the bag doesn’t scream “Look I’ve got expensive Camera equipment”
You can find the Pacsafe V9 and their other gear here.
Pacsafe provided this bag for me to test out, and they included an extra V9 to give away.
So, in February one of our lucky Newsletter subscribers is going to WIN this stylish, safe bag.
You do subscribe to our Newsletter, . . . right?
It’s at the bottom of every page on our site.