Ildiko is an Infrared artist originally from Hungry. I first saw Ildikos work on Flickr, and was so impressed by the depth and emotional feel of her work.
1. Welcome Ildiko, please tell us about yourself and your background
I am Ildiko Bodnarne Horvath. I was born in 1976 in Hungary. I have a husband and 10 week old twin sons 🙂
2. How long have you been a photographer and how long have you been shooting Infrared?
I started to learn photography in 2006 when we came home from a holiday from Cuba with a lot of unusable and disastrous photos. So my husband and I started to learn photography from the basics. I saw few infrared shot very early and I fell in love to them. So I bought a Hoya filter but I felt the limits of my gear and I wanted to dig deeper to the Infrared photography.
I found the Life Pixel and I ordered a 720mm filter and my husband convert our old Nikon D70s to IR. Later I can’t stop myself so I ordered a goldie filter.
3. What is your best photography achievement?
I am very successful with my IR photos in FIAP contest. So now I am a AFIAP photographer.
4. What do like best about IR photography?
I think IR is a very interesting world and everything looks like a fantasy novel. I like to see the world in infrared
5. If you could pass on just one tip about IR, what would it be?
If I could pass a tip it would be to try to find your own style and don’t be afraid to try a lot new thing in post-processing. You never know what will be butterfly from caterpillar after the process.