Infrared Conversions, IR Modifications & Photography Tutorials | Life Pixel IR
The world leader in infrared conversions, modifications & DIY IR conversion tutorials. Scratched sensor replacement, UV & Full spectrum conversions.
The world leader in infrared camera conversions
Bob Gottlieb, Photographer
Bob is mostly self-taught and works with film as well as digital. When he is photographing, he often carries two cameras. One is usually a digital and the other a dedicated infrared camera.
Gottlieb likes to utilize the three camera types because he feels that different subjects require different mediums, such as in the black and white and infrared images (i.e. of the city of Prague) and the almost psychedelic colors he uses for flowers.
Bob is partial to infrared because it leaves more to the imagination, whereas the use of certain colors are more descriptive and consequently more restrictive since they often formulate what we envision. In addition, Bob likes the mysterious, dreamy and abstract quality the eye can’t see.
He has won many Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Association of Media Photographers (ASMP) sponsored competitions. He has instructed various photography workshops held in Death Valley National Park and northern Arizona and Utah. He has been published in magazines and other publications. bobgottliebphotography.com
He was born in the U.S. but is currently living in Prague, Czech Republic.
• area of specialization: infrared
• subjects: landscapes, anything which captures the spirit of a place
• media: both film and digital
• competitions: winner of Professional Photographer’s of America (PPA) and Association of Media Photographers (ASMP) sponsored competitions
• instructor at various workshops held in national parks in California, northern Arizona and Utah
• exhibits at various galleries in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
• contributor to corporate and consumer publications
• Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
• Master of Arts degree, San Diego State University, San Diego, California